Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Not Enough Time In A Day!

Know I won't have time to do this tomorrow, as I will have pups to entertain before leaving for work, and before that I am driving my sister to the airport so she can visit my nephew who is in the Navy. Whew. Work will be relaxing!

Dawn met me at the Vet Clinic with three crates of puppies, but they all came home with me in one large crate. Check ups went perfectly and all 8 pups checked out well. Sherman acted just like his dad Argus, and assumed that the whole event was set up for his personal enjoyment, and although some of the pups were a bit overwhelmed, they all kissed Dr. John during their exams. Because a couple of the pups will probably have to be shipped (did you hear that David?) their information is already on file for health certificates too. When I got the pups home they all played in the yard for half an hour. They were cold at first, but once they started playing they had a great time. Time for a small meal, and then my friend Linda (Granmma O) and daughter Jess showed up for pictures. The photo session went much better this time and I was quite pleased with the results. Tom has been working with the pups on the table and it shows. Grace especially was much better, and Clark was a real trooper this time. Gotta get them cropped and put on a webpage - when I find the time.

Tom will pick the pups up after work tomorrow and take them home so he and Dawn can enjoy the whole litter together for just a few days more. The pups will be 7 weeks old tomorrow, and have had their first shots, and are thoroughly socialized. Won't be long now, before they start departing. Looks as if Rita and Sam will be staying on at Tom's although I want them to come here for some additional camping. I will probably be taking Grace and Clark, at least for awhile.

Now I have to tell David and Patti they will have puppies soon - unless they read it here first! Spencer will be going to Joe & Kay, and Sherman-the-clown will be going to Deb & her family. I think I will miss Sherman the most!