Monday, November 5, 2007

Busy Weekend

Yuck, my Monday is not off to a very good start, but the weekend was terrific! This morning my Chinese-made under the cabinet Black & Decker coffee maker spewed its contents all over the counter, just as it always does if I don't stand there and tweak it every minute or two. This was my replacement for a B & D pot that worked perfectly for 22 years . . .

Indy has a new home and is fitting in perfectly. We drove her to New Ulm on Saturday, to meet her new family Jan & Del who recently lost a beloved older Dalmatian. From the looks of their scrapbook, Dal China had been an important member of the family. I'm sure Del didn't stop smiling from the minute Indy covered him with kisses. They have a wonderful house in the country, and wanted an afffectionate & loving house dog - Indy fits the bill perfectly. She greeted them with hugs and kisses and moved right in. Del reports that she is working out perfectly, although the four house cats are going to take some getting used to it. I shed a few tears, but am always so pleased to put my dogs in such terrific homes.

A brewery tour and beer tasting at the Schell's brewery made for a very fun day, and Watson got to ride along because he hasn't had a chance to do many interesting things lately.

On Sunday I went to visit the pups and stayed for the afternoon. So pretty! I went with the idea of sorting the litter a bit, perhaps designating two on the non-patched as companions. But I couldn't! I loved them all and saw tons of potential in all of them. Because I have a couple of terrific pet homes waiting, we will probably end up putting some extra nice pups in pet homes - but that's OK, as there seems to be plenty to work with. The most important thing is that they all end up as beloved pets.

My favorite was again Clark. He's just so darned pretty. His brother Sam Spade is the favorite of Tom, Dawn & Nicole, and he looks so much like Clark - but isn't quite as naughty! Remember, Tom and I both want to keep girls. It's always like this. Sherman will go as a pet because he is a patch (unfortunate, because he is so handsome) and that leaves Spencer. I was so busy concentrating on Clark and Sam I didn't pay much attention to Spencer until I took a last look - and he's gorgeous too.

Rita and Grace are my favorite bitches right now, very different in type, but both sound and well spotted. Lana is also beautiful, nicely marked and very feminine, but carries her tail higher than the rest - but they could all be carrying their tails like that at six weeks! Ava the underear patch is the most perfectly marked of the girls, and is slated to either become a performance dog or a gorgeous pet - we'll have to make that decision in the next week or so.

Can't wait to do stacked pictures on Thursday - actually seeing them in profile, and listening to Jess's observations on "how they go together" will help me make some decisions, but I think it's still going to be tough. I keep saying to myself, "I don't need another boy, I don't need another boy" and then I start thinking of registered names that would fit Clark . . .